20080809

Red Fog




I fought a Euro tonight for a taxi. The friends I was with said he looked like Yanni. After he ran from across the intersection and tried to tell me in his silly froggy-talk that he had had been waiting longer than me I told him to fuck off. He then tried to shove past me into the cab. I hit him with the door of the taxi and he said, 'Hey bro, you don't have to be so rude!' Imagine that, a fucking frenchman telling me not to be so rude. I proceeded to tell him that he was out of luck and it'd be best if he'd just just woddle off and told my friends to jump in the cab. After, I apologized to the driver about the scene and this Pakistani dude replies, 'Hey, you are Americans, I know you will tip me, he would not.' Moral is, fuck you Yanni, this is America, we are way more pissed off than you are, and we like violence.

I've been reading 'Watchmen.' Enjoying it a lot. Very cheezy in a very intentional kind of way but it wraps everything up in a way to where you realize you were foolish for interpreting it as cheezy. The story definitely makes you want to keep reading, which is a huge welcome to 'Beach Music.' I've managed to avoid Paul Hayward for the time being. Eventually I will have to return his stupid book to him and either tell him the truth that I thought it was garbage and stopped reading after 200 pages, in which I will then have to explain to him in great detail on why I think it is garbage (and by explain, I mean argue,) or I will just read enough reviews and summaries about it to be able to bullshit a 30 second comment on the piece of shit as I hand it back to him.

Battle of the Bay tonight. 9ers preseason opener against the Raiders. Raiders won 18-6. There's always next season I guess. Seriously though it was definitely a game where the team was being 'felt out.' I'm gonna be optimistic and look forward to a decent season of improvement.