20080802

Fathers Wine

ady


Today was a good day, nothing outstanding but good compared to the usual. I left work sick after about 25 minutes, making a grand total of $7, because of illness, which was completely true, but I still feel the exact same. I came home and chilled, just relaxed, read the news, dicked around on the internet, read a little bit of 'Beach Music,' (which really is a bag of garbage, the commitment I have to finishing this piece of shit is going to kill me,) and took a goddamn nap! It was all totally guilt-free because otherwise I would have been at work with a bunch of people I don't really like and making no money. I also just remembered I did all my laundry, which is a big task. Later in the day I ate a 'Rachel' from Miller's Delicatessen, (Jew-Sandwich,) and then I cut suitable mattes for four prints. It was a good feeling, after struggling for so long to get the cuts right, I got one done, and then didn't touch them for about 3 weeks. Today I did four, fuck yeah. They're not perfect by any means but nonetheless its a step forward. After that I went to my neighbor's house upstairs and partook in a drunken birthday party for some German chick whom I don't even know. If I end up having a guy named Robert as a roommate, that is where I met him.

I've thought about shifting my focus to wildlife photography, it seems that the natural world is a much more honorable thing to put a life's work behind, more than anything else. Maybe something like 'true' man's interaction with the natural world or something to that effect. I've always held the idea of a 'this place in history, right now' as my focus but the way we live our lives is already a joke, perhaps I should focusing on something that is already in danger of being forgotten by children that are already alive today. Animals, plants, and the natural masterpieces that will son be gone. Keep it around, somehow. Its a thought at least.

Beach Music sucks, I will continue to trudge through for a while though. More negative comments to come.

"Get rid of this ---> bullshit painting or its going out the window, this is not a gallery, it is a kitchen, and noone wants to look at this when they make their eggs. Sorry, I don't 'Get It." -Real Quote, Passive Aggressive note on chalkboard.

The photo of Husker is an attempt to capture how cool his coat looks. A better job can be done of this but his typical expression captured in this makes it a fun photo nonetheless. Normally, Husker runs away from cameras, he doesn't like them.
The picture of Austin, John, and Tim was taken at Mitch and Jane's house on New Years Eve night, shortly after Eric Doty's funeral.
Arial Mile is the last one, kinda cool use of layering in that one.