


Spent the weekend in Paso. Nothing major to report on from there. Partook in BMBB, grand time as usual, time for old friends to reacquaint and be totally unimpressed with one another, and to see who's gained the most weight since last summer. Went to a party full of a bunch of smelly neo-punkrockers. Had the pleasure of running into one young Ben Miller, always such a stand up guy. I really had a good time talking with him. We talked of how funny it is to now go to a party and be the 'old guys' and feel totally out of place and uneasy, and how when we were kids and would see the future us's show up. Had an enjoyable evening nonetheless though. Hit up the California Mid-State Fair. The place hasn't really changed a bit since the last time I'd been there. Less funny attractions in the 'Come see the 1000lb pig' category, and no gravitron. Real quote from the fair: "Whoa, they've replaced carnies with robots." -Shelby. I saw a belt buckle for sale that said 'Redneck Bitch' on it as well.
Mack, Shelby, Josh, and Myself went fishing off the Cayucos pier on Monday. Very relaxing day. Between the four of us Josh caught 2 little bait fish, but fuck it. Good times.
I read In The Heart Of The Sea, about the sinking of the whaleship Essex and the story of the crew's survival, in its entirety while down in Paso. Great piece of history. Not a whole lot to comment on about it other than that life can be brutal. I've just begun 'Beach Music.' It was lent to me by Paul Hayward. He says its one of his favorite books. More to come on that. Don't really feel like writing right now.